Saturday, October 13, 2012

PE 1 Reflection

 

I actually think I did a pretty good job with the last PE cycle. I can understand spoken Japanese much better now, which is probably because I became obsessed with Code Geass and watched (as well as shadowed some of) both seasons during the PE 1 cycle. So I definitely more than met my anime goal. The one thing I didn't do was read the Nakama textbook every day, but looking back I feel like this was a sort of silly goal. There isn't really much to read, and it will work better if I just say something like "study" for a certain amount per day. I was also a bit busy near the time when we needed to prepare for the Shadowing recording, so I ended up picking a pretty slow text to shadow, because shadowing anime was really hard! Next time I want to try anime!! 

PE 2 

 

Goals

As I said, I really want to be able to shadow anime successfully. I would also like to continue improving my listening-- especially when it comes to double consonants and long vowels. I want to work on particles as well, so that I don't have to think for a long time about which one I should use while I'm speaking. I also want to make my speaking flow more naturally in general.

Activities

  • Continue to watch and shadow at least 3 episodes of anime per week.
  • Study Japanese in some way for at least 30 minutes every week night.
  • Continue practicing in the shower! (I recommend this, it's way more fun than singing.)
  • Go to language tables whenever I don't have a conflict.
  • Ask Shibata-sensei to transcribe a short script of an anime for me to shadow when our next recording is due!
  • Make a にほんご playlist on my iPod and add at least one song to it per week!

2 comments:

  1. こんにちわ、ケーさん!コロンビアだいがくのジーです。わたしもコードギアスがすきです、すごいですね。どんあにほんごのおんがく(music)がききますか?

    ReplyDelete