Monday, September 17, 2012

おはよう こんにちは と こんばんは! 

I am, as you can see from my html, so excited to be learning Japanese! I am a sophomore, planning on majoring in Art History. I already speak pretty fluent German, and so I'm planning on focusing on some sort of German Art, probably modern. But recently, I've been mourning the loss of my opportunity to examine the older Japanese art, which I am very fond of. So this summer I randomly decided to try and fit in both of those areas of study, and here I am!

I've always loved languages, and when I was a bit younger (ah, Jr. High) I was pretty obsessed with Manga and Japanese music and whatnot. Though I no longer spend my free time tracing comics and obsessing over men in makeup, I still feel a definite fondness for the Japanese culture, and for that reason I'm very enthusiastic about learning the language! It's so different from any language I've ever studied, and that makes it all the more fascinating. And don't get me wrong-- I still enjoy the occasional manga or anime (Death Note is pretty much one of the more amazing things ever), and I'm looking forward to possibly getting to the point where I can maybe read some in Japanese! But my main interest right now is Japanese art. I really hope I can get to the point of starting to learn classical Japanese so I can read some of the amazing poems they wrote on their scrolls!

Speaking of which, I'm not gonna lie-- calligraphy also seduced me probably more than it should have.

But so far I'm having a great time! Learning ひらがな is so fun and different from anything else I'm doing in my other classes, and so far Japanese is always my favorite class of the day! I don't even mind having it on Fridays!

So  はじめまして 、そして どうぞ よろしく。

:)

2 comments:

  1. デスノツすきですか。わたしも!やがみライトだいすきです。 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. はいいいいいいい o(=> <=)o

    ReplyDelete